General Dynamics C4 Systems -
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
This person will be Technical Lead for the overall simulator development effort used for the verification and validation of a large communication system. This individual will manage a team consisting of a SW architect and 5-10 software developers. The simulator development task encompasses all phases of the software development process: • requirements definition • software architecture and development • verification and validation • deployment of the simulators throughout the test organization and the field
Duties and Tasks
* Performs technical planning, system integration, verification and validation, cost and risk, and supportability and effectiveness analyses for total systems
* Performs analysis at all levels of total system product to include: concept, design, fabrication, test, installation, operation, maintenance and disposal
* Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
* Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specification
* Applies the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the system development life cycle to support the generation of technical engineering products
* May supervise or manage lower level employees
* Leads technical tasks for large teams or projects
* Leads small technical proposals and contributes to medium sized proposals
* Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignments
* Guides the successful completion of major programs and projects
* Identifies and leads the execution of risk mitigation strategies
* Works on advanced applications that may result in new business for the company
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in software engineering, a related technical field or the equivalent experience is required. Advanced degree preferred. In addition, a minimum of 12 years of relevant experience is required, 15 years of relevant experience preferred.
Must be able to travel 20% of the time
Applicant must be a US Citizen.
Must be capable of obtaining a Security Clearance
Specific duties will include but are not limited to the following:
• Leading planning activities for simulator effort
• Performing or leading customer requirements analysis
• Developing requirements for simulators
• Managing subcontractors, team members, and other support staff supporting simulator effort
• Contributing to detailed design of simulator effort
• Lead customer interface for simulator effort
• Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or a related field, or the equivalent work experience is required.
• U.S. citizenship required
Applicant must be capable of obtaining a U.S. security clearance.
Enter a world of opportunities at General Dynamics C4 Systems.
...from leading capabilities - like command and control, communications networking, computing and information assurance...
...to the domains we cover: undersea, to outerspace, to cyberspace...
...to the markets we serve: U.S. military, federal agencies, coalition partners and commercial customers...
...to our customer and product support - from the earliest design stages throughout the product lifespan.
We provide our customers with the most advanced, highest quality solutions. Join the 10,000 employees worldwide who are redefining cutting edge technology and put your talent to work with exceptional results!